A Linux Proaudio FrameWork with improved Wine/kernel(rt) support
L_ProAudio is a project / collection of tools aimed at better integration and *performance* of Linux + Wine + jackd + Proaudio applications...
L_pa accomplishes this by setting up a proper mix of kernel/software with low-latency/proaudio users _specifically in mind. So far the main components are;
Custom version of the (rt-)linux kernel with a delta of patches, for linux proaudio usage.
Custom version of Wine with a delta of patches to ensure Wine is ready for proaudio on the linux platform. It's also has various other improvements and bug fixes.
You'll want both WineASIO and FSThost;
WineASIO - WineASIO provides an ASIO to JACK driver for WINE.
FSThost - FreeST standalone fork; wraps windows VSTs (.dll) into standalone apps / jack clients. + other useful features.
* visit the L_pa wiki pages for more info on usage / other info.
- - *significantly* improves wine performance/support under linux(-rt)
- - Provides high-performance RT kernel geared towards Proaudio with some extra options
- - improved (multi-)threaded/priority scheduling/handling in wine
- - prevents interference within linux kernel (that typically) affect Proaudio users
- - Improves stability and performance across the board
- - Many fixes, stability and usability enhancments for ASIO/VST based software
- - better integration of theming
- - Free, Opensource, GPL-licensed software
- - and many more enhancements + features + tweaks
Hello Jordan! First of all congratulations for your great work on Wine L-PA. I'm currently developing a project for a standalone VST reader and I found your patches/fixes very useful. I tried to contact you before but I couldn't log in to Archlinux forums. I'm going to compile the latest version (Wine 1.5.22) and see how it goes. I will be very glad also to help the developing of your project, drop me an email if you want. You have a new beta-tester/contributor I hope! :-) Emiliano
@ Emiliano You never left me your contact info.. mine is all over sf.net - email me ;)