Koopa is a Cobol parser (generator). It can handle source files in isolation (no preprocessing required) and doesn't mind the presence of CICS/SQL fragments. The grammar is easily extensible in a way which minimizes the impact on the overall code.
- Cobol lexer and parser (generator)
- Accepts free and fixed format Cobol
- Covered by a Cobol 85 testsuite, and grammar unit testing
- Cobol viewer with syntax highlighting, outline, quick navigation and XPath-based querying
- XML dumps of parse trees
- Experimental, work in progress: Cobol preprocessor (copy book expansion only)
simple and straight forward to use
koopa is fast and stable
This parser is very good, with really interesting features, such as XML generation. Very good and stable project!
Great project! Good code and documentation. At Tocea we have used Koopa to develop our Cobol auditing software. Island grammars are a very usefull concept!
koopa works great