Kobo64 is a space shooter game which can be considered as a "port" of Kobo Deluxe for the Commodore 64 platform. There are many similarities like maps or enemies, but the algorithms were altered to better fit to the platform limitations. It was written in 6502 assembler (64tass) for performance reasons.
The game was an entry for the RGCD 2013 16KiB cartridge game competition.
- 50 levels, procedurally generated maps
- Triple buffered, 25fps, 8 directional scroll
- Multicolor character graphics with sprite overlay
- 10+ enemy types, simple AI, overwhelming number of enemies/bullets
- PAL/NTSC timing compatible
- Runs on C64, C128 in C64 mode, C64 DTV, SuperCPU64
- Joystick or keyboard control
Be the first to post a review of Kobo64!