The kernel-netbook is an unofficial kernel, modded to give the full hardware support to a wide range of netbooks with Intel Atom, in addition, it includes external drivers and firmware. This kernel optimized to be used on Debian/Ubuntu inside netbooks, and it also slightly reduces the time of the module-load in the boot process. The best feature of this kernel is maybe the optimization of the battery management through some kernel options.
- Without initrd image (optional support)
- Optimized for Intel Atom CPU (CONFIG_MATOM)
- Optimized battery management
- Added external firmware
- Kernel Mode Settings
- Support to encrypted partition
- BFS (default) and BFQ (optional) scheduler
- Native support for CPU scaling
- Light, once installed only 10MB used (kernel26 uses 51MB)
- Headers in a separated package (kernel-netbook-headers) - Not requested in a standard system
Be the first to post a review of kernel-netbook!