KeePass is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and mobile devices. You can store your passwords in a highly-encrypted database, which is locked with one master password or key file.
- Strong security (AES encryption, SHA-256 hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, ...).
- Portable (no installation required), available for many platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, smart devices/phones, ...).
- Efficient and flexible organization (entry groups, tags, time fields, file attachments, ...).
- Various data transfer methods (clipboard, drag and drop, auto-type, plugins can provide integration with other applications, ...).
- Powerful password generator (generation based on character sets and patterns, with many options).
- Extensible (plugin architecture) and multi-language (more than 40 languages are available).
Very good for storing my passwords )
Thanks for great project! Simply the best!
This application is perfect for securely storing passwords for people who care about security and use both unique and secure passwords for many different sites.
Version 2.xx is using the crappy .net component which make this software horribly slow and memory hungry. The GUI need improvement - this app definitely need entries to be put in the left pane (like any password or password keeper).
I love KeePass. So much so that I decided it was only fair to donate. Disappointed that SF allows only 100 characters for people who donate but a lot more for people who don't donate. I still love ya, SourceForge.