KeePass is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and mobile devices. You can store your passwords in a highly-encrypted database, which is locked with one master password or key file.
- Strong security (AES encryption, SHA-256 hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, ...).
- Portable (no installation required), available for many platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, smart devices/phones, ...).
- Efficient and flexible organization (entry groups, tags, time fields, file attachments, ...).
- Various data transfer methods (clipboard, drag and drop, auto-type, plugins can provide integration with other applications, ...).
- Powerful password generator (generation based on character sets and patterns, with many options).
- Extensible (plugin architecture) and multi-language (more than 40 languages are available).
I use keepass for the best. Its so awsome. Even misses some features and also is complex as some people would say, but who doesn't like extra features in a product(you won't say no to disk brakes in your car...), that's what makes it worthy. Sophistication what makes a product last on the face of Soft-a-geddon. KeePass team keep up to good work.
Very easy & great
A MUST HAVE along with your A/V. Take the time to set it up and learn how to use it, you will not be dissapointed. Search the forum if you need help. One thing I like about KP is you can use it for passwords for programs/apps too, not just websites. I use autotype for everything. Just press CTRL-ALT-A and you are logged in instantly.
Great program, easy to use and maintain. While upgrading is a small issue, by registering KeyPass's db extension, and accessing the whole thing via shortcuts and shares, all I have to do is install the program on each of my computers. Once installed everything has worked seamlessly through several upgrades.