KeePass is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and mobile devices. You can store your passwords in a highly-encrypted database, which is locked with one master password or key file.
- Strong security (AES encryption, SHA-256 hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, ...).
- Portable (no installation required), available for many platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, smart devices/phones, ...).
- Efficient and flexible organization (entry groups, tags, time fields, file attachments, ...).
- Various data transfer methods (clipboard, drag and drop, auto-type, plugins can provide integration with other applications, ...).
- Powerful password generator (generation based on character sets and patterns, with many options).
- Extensible (plugin architecture) and multi-language (more than 40 languages are available).
Does the job. Wouldn't be without it.
Just perfect :) I can probably think of a thing or two to improve, but these would be pure nitpicks. Been using it for about two years now regularly, on two windows machine (home and work), and on my Android smartphone, this is simply good. Syncing password files is as simple as sending it by mail as attachment. I wish all free software were as good as this. Well done, developers!
The best software to manage really safe passwords! Use it for years now and never had any problems. Thank you for developing this great software!
Simply great, using it for years. Available for Android, too.