KeePass - A free open source password manager.
KeePass is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and mobile devices. You can store your passwords in a highly-encrypted database, which is locked with one master password or key file.
- Strong security (AES encryption, SHA-256 hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, ...).
- Portable (no installation required), available for many platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, smart devices/phones, ...).
- Efficient and flexible organization (entry groups, tags, time fields, file attachments, ...).
- Various data transfer methods (clipboard, drag and drop, auto-type, plugins can provide integration with other applications, ...).
- Powerful password generator (generation based on character sets and patterns, with many options).
- Extensible (plugin architecture) and multi-language (more than 40 languages are available).
The best open source software for storing your passwords safe! Very useful and simple, thank you!
Very useful project!
Sure it can be useful, but there are a lot of extras that normal people will never use. Too many nobs to turn (and complex nobs as well for normal, everyday use)
Always loved this on my Windows PCs, but have to say that I'm really disappointed with the Linux version. Visually, it just doesn't work (unreadable fonts, and bad formatting). It almost looks like an alpha version, or something?