KeePass at a GlanceYou can easily download KeePass for Windows and you can port it on a USB stick for most other operating systems. The interface is as busy as it is robust. For example, KeePass supports password groups for sorting passwords. You can drag and drop passwords into most windows or use a hot key to type your login information into windows automatically. You can also quick copy user names and passwords to the clipboard with a double-click on a field in the password list. And KeePass can import data from a variety of formats like CSV, while the password list can be exported to formats such as TXT, HTML, XML, and CSV.
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of KeePass’s features:
- Strong security—KeePass uses AES encryption to encrypt its password databases, SHA-256 password hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, and more.
- Portable—KeePass is portable, carry it on a USB stick and run it or directly install it on Windows if you prefer desktop access.
- Easy Database Transfer—A password database, consisting of a single file, is easy to transfer between computers.
- Multiple user keys—Use a master password to decrypt the complete database or carry a key file with you.
- Powerful password generator—KeePass generates passwords based on character sets and patterns, with many options.
- Extensible—KeePass provides plugin architecture for advanced features and supports over 40 languages.
|KeePass has a powerful password generator and is available with multi-factor authentication, and it can handle non-standard login sequences. Plugins provide advanced features.||KeePass takes a while to warm up to, with its feature-filled interface that might confuse some beginners, but a help center is available to assist you as you find your way around.|
- Version: 2.29
- File size: 2.5 MB
- Date added: April 10, 2015
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android mobile devices, and more.
KeePass Password Safe is a free, open source, lightweight, and easy-to-use password manager for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and Android mobile devices. With so many passwords to remember and the need to vary passwords to protect your valuable data, it’s nice to have KeePass to manage your passwords in a secure way. KeePass puts all your passwords in a highly encrypted database and locks them with one master key or a key file. As a result, you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. And the databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known, AES and Twofish. See our features page for details.
- Strong security (AES encryption, SHA-256 hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, ...).
- Portable (no installation required), available for many platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, smart devices/phones, ...).
- Efficient and flexible organization (entry groups, tags, time fields, file attachments, ...).
- Various data transfer methods (clipboard, drag and drop, auto-type, plugins can provide integration with other applications, ...).
- Powerful password generator (generation based on character sets and patterns, with many options).
- Extensible (plugin architecture) and multi-language (more than 40 languages are available).
If you like tinkering, the amount of customization you can do is insane. I'm not a programmer but I am a smart user with common sense and decent windows skills. My windows skills are as a power user of anything internet (not a ms office guy). So I bought some Digital Currency a couple of years ago and realized that the old game plan had to go. I have been online since the day AOL launched and have signed up for everything from internet banking to 50 different forums. I have been managing 25 years of passwords in my head, of course by using same everywhere or a variation. It was starting to make me insane as is, but when Digital Currency entered my life I realized I had to make changes of my new B T C would soon no longer be mine. The sheer number of passwords I would need to do something about could either take the route of 1. just change the monetary, major social, and medical over and not worry about the other billion sites, OR 2. bite the bullet and do them all. I should note that I am the guy in the picture next to the definition of obsessive disorder. I am the guy that would get the assignment for a major paper in College that was due EOS, 3 months out, and after a night of no sleep thinking about it I would start it the next day. But oh, no, it did not end there. I would stay awake for up to 96 hours, whatever was needed for that assignment, until it was finished. I could not stop and eat, sleep, whatever. I would get very dry and stand up to go buy a bottle of water and realize I could not support my weight because my legs were seized in place due to 36 hours of literally not moving out of what was always a wood/metal chair. If I move from city to city, which I have had to do a few times in 30 years, when I get to destination city I will not only have to unpack every box and set up, but I would again not eat sleep, do anything until it was done. Done was defined by beds made, groceries purchased, all laundry done, any painting or mods I am sure you guessed by now that I chose to do ALL 25 years of passwords. BTW, this compulsion I describe comes with stress and dread of anticipation because I know I won't stop. So, all depressed, but determined I began the process. As usual, I am so deep in an anxious state of panic that I literally have physical symptoms manifest as chest pain, elevated pulse, elevated BP etc. Making this worse is the fact that I am of THE generation that did not mandate typing in school so we did not take it, yet we were the "founders" in the internet generation. I hunt and peck. I hunt and peck faster than 90% of all typists but IT IS AWFUL AND PONDEROUS!! It is physically demanding to hunt and peck. Honestly though, my graduation class could probably prove class action damages in not training us to type. Also, remember I am not a programmer, just an educated businessman who ignored that training and now make a living online. I was worried about the program! So, I began --- Hm - this is easy! 2 Hours later I'm done. At 3 Hours in I had customized thru a dozen Plug-ins. At 3.5 hours I had it all color coded AND my auto type parameters for ALL of my sites had been programmed to take every key stroke, tab, and enter into account for all that sites needs. i.e. If a site called for tab, enter username, tab, enter PW, hit enter (whatever) to be fully logged in, I had done that customization. IT IS THE SIMPLEST THING I HAVE EVER STRESSED ABOUT!! To those on the edge. Step inside. It feels so safe in here!!
Y use it every day
Awesome! Has keyboard shortcuts: Ctr+B - copy username, Ctrl+C - copy password to clipboard and in 12 sec clear clipboard! Great! Uses 1 to 3 factors of safety. AES-256. Runs everywhere.
Excellent and convenient !!
Extemely good! :)