KeePass is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and mobile devices. You can store your passwords in a highly-encrypted database, which is locked with one master password or key file.
- Strong security (AES encryption, SHA-256 hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, ...).
- Portable (no installation required), available for many platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, smart devices/phones, ...).
- Efficient and flexible organization (entry groups, tags, time fields, file attachments, ...).
- Various data transfer methods (clipboard, drag and drop, auto-type, plugins can provide integration with other applications, ...).
- Powerful password generator (generation based on character sets and patterns, with many options).
- Extensible (plugin architecture) and multi-language (more than 40 languages are available).
Unbelievable tool. We need passwords almost in everything we do. All I need to remember now is the master password for KeePass Password Safe and can feel my passwords are safe as well.
Used it for several years. Outstanding, easy to use product. The Apple App/Cloud sync between my phone and pc is greatest feature.
Excellent software. Relatively easy to use, just requires reading the instructions. Never had it fail through many tests.
Great app... tqvm!
I like Keepass! But it is complicated to synchronize a database on a PC with a database on a Samsung Galaxy S3: 1) Copy S3 database to PC 2) Synchronize databases 3) Copy synchronized database back to S3 I think it should be easy to include it inside keepass