KeePass is a free, open source, light-weight and easy-to-use password manager for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and mobile devices. You can store your passwords in a highly-encrypted database, which is locked with one master password or key file.
- Strong security (AES encryption, SHA-256 hash, protection against dictionary and guessing attacks, in-memory protection, ...).
- Portable (no installation required), available for many platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, smart devices/phones, ...).
- Efficient and flexible organization (entry groups, tags, time fields, file attachments, ...).
- Various data transfer methods (clipboard, drag and drop, auto-type, plugins can provide integration with other applications, ...).
- Powerful password generator (generation based on character sets and patterns, with many options).
- Extensible (plugin architecture) and multi-language (more than 40 languages are available).
The best software to manage really safe passwords! Use it for years now and never had any problems. Thank you for developing this great software!
Simply great, using it for years. Available for Android, too.
Been using for years. Best, most reliable password app.
Great program ;-)
Once I started to talking to security experts at a recent IT contract job, I realized having the same password for all my bank accounts was not a good idea. That's where they mentioned KeePass, and TrueCrypt. I don't know what I'd do without this excellent Password Manager and Generator. Also adding the comments I added on Google's Play store for the ported mobile version of this desktop software app: I actually will "Donate" to them (as well as their desktop version) as this something VERY important and useful to keep track of all my passwords, now that I have used their strong Password generator as well as their powerful encryption of the database file. Open Source is truly the way to go for this.