This is a remastered version of Ubuntu Linux. There are 32-bit and 64-bit versions available, as well as an (older) image for the PengPod 1000.
This version contains a lot of amateur radio software including Fldigi, NBEMS, Gpredict, earthtrack, xcwcp and qrq, XLog and cqrlog, flrig and grig, xnec2c, fl_moxgen, aa-analyzer, owx, VOACAP, glfer, Xastir, gqrx, gEDA, GNU Radio Companion, quisk, direwolf, linamc, FreeDV, wsjt-x, Micro-Fox 15 Config, and a TinyTrak3 configuration program.
Version 15 is updated to match Ubuntu 13.10, including a new Smith Chart program and ASDB. Version 15.1 fixes minor bugs and adds customization for login and install.
This software collection uses the icewm window manager with menus customized for Amateur Radio use. It is designed to be light weight to run on older computers, while still having modern functionality.
Recommended: 1GHz CPU and 1GB memory at an absolute bare minimum (SDR applications will require more - about twice as much).
- Live DVD which can be installed to the hard drive or USB thumb drive
- icewm window manager
- Contains a large number of amateur radio programs
- Amateur Radio menu customized for ease of use
- Nothing proprietary (as far as I know)
- Almost everything came directly from the Ubuntu repositories
- Software defined radio receiver with RTL2832 USB dongle (originally intended for DVB-TV)
- PengPod 1000 image is to be written directly to your microSD card
- Micro-Fox Config GPL
- GNU Radio Companion