This is a remastered version of Ubuntu Linux. As of version 13, there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions available, as well as an image for the PengPod 1000.
This version contains a lot of amateur radio software including Fldigi, NBEMS, Gpredict, earthtrack, xcwcp and qrq, XLog and cqrlog, flrig and grig, xnec2c, fl_moxgen, aa-analyzer, owx, VOACAP, glfer, Xastir, gqrx, gEDA, and more!
Version 14 adds GNU Radio Companion, quisk, direwolf, linamc, FreeDV, wsjt-x, and Micro-Fox 15 Config (GPL), and many updates.
This software collection uses the icewm window manager with menus customized for Amateur Radio use. It is designed to be light weight to run on older computers, while still having modern functionality.
Recommending 1GHz CPU and 512MB memory at an absolute bare minimum (gqrx will require more - about twice as much).
- Live DVD which can be installed to the hard drive or USB thumb drive
- icewm window manager
- Contains a large number of amateur radio programs
- Amateur Radio menu customized for ease of use
- Nothing proprietary (as far as I know)
- Almost everything came directly from the Ubuntu repositories
- Software defined radio receiver with RTL2832 USB dongle (originally intended for DVB-TV)
- PengPod 1000 image is to be written directly to your microSD card
- Micro-Fox Config GPL
- GNU Radio Companion
Version 14 is excellent! Burned to a DVD, loaded on my Samsung NB30 Netbook, minor tweak to get sound working, & lots of Ham apps! Andy was extremely helpful when I had difficulty downloading the iso. I've had a kn0ck HF/VHF/UHF SDR-RTL USB device which I could not access via Linux - until now. I'm looking forward to exploring the many other included apps. Thanks! Andy! 73, David KD4E
Andy, Could you please post the md5sum for the distro? Thanks! Chas WA1JFD