Projects goals are:
* Prepare operating system for children based on Linux kernel and free software for use at home. System should start from DVD/CD (for younger children) or USB stick (with write support) and works on older machines with limited resources too.
* Choose set of educational applications for children from existing packages and group them according to the age of child. Projects I've been testing so far contains many applications with various levels of difficulty.
* User interface should be oriented on children, but not limited to only one type. Younger children don't need to so many features currently supported in desktops as gnome/kde/unity.
* Prepare framework for creating new applications, so older children can build some new activities.
* Rewrite existing python educational packages to ruby. I've not found yet any ruby application for children.
There are no 1 star reviews.