JXplorer Version 3.3.1 Release Notes
* minor tweak to support multi-media loading in html forms
* Updated JXWorkbench sister project to keep code in synch
* tweak to maintain backward compatibility with old config files
* fix to use OS specific temp directory for temp media files
* Added support for 'read only' connections
* Added a config value 'lock.read.only' which forces *all* connections to be read only
* cosmetic tweaks to logging for rc1
* LDIF RELEASE!! *
* Added support for LDIF change files
* Added 'preview' for LDIF files to assess changes before importing them into the live directory.
[NOTE: 3.3.1rc1 - these LDIF additions, especially LDIF change files,
should be considered experimental until the official 3.3.1 release)
* Added 'sorting' to JXWorkBench, allowing for complex queries which sort by attributes other than the DN
* Reports now automatically exported using the report name as the base
* Changed display of operational attributes; now included in main table display.
* extended CBSaveLoadTemplate to allow saving UI elements by name, rather than position.
* added $JXOPTS to batch scripts to allow config settings to be passed to batch (e.g. to set config location with -Djxplorer.config)
* work on batch scripts - using java 1.6 classpaths with wildcards
* more work on packaging
* fix for passwords cached within session not correctly filling out connection window in some instances
* support for commercial JXWorkBench plugin (http://jxworkbench.com) - integration with Jasper reporting engine for LDAP reports.
* Fixed schema problem with binary syntaxes, mis-identifying some syntaxes
(e.g. telephonic ones) as binary rather than string
* Correctly saved 'return_attributes.txt' in variable config files location
(along with usual files such as jxconfig.txt)
* packaged JNDI LDAP test provider (junit directory mock) as part of release
* made 'official' stable release on JXplorer.org downloads page
* JXWorkBench Add on - Support for commercial jxworkbench.com plugin 'applet' as optional add on
* password vault
* csv import/export
* non-indexed & regexp client-side find and replace
* fix for default config files; move to application config directory on Win 7, or if -Djxplorer.config='user.home' used.
* set -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 for consistent x-platform behaviour
* set window title to template name
* included Mock LDAP JNDI provider for JUnit tests (see jxplorer.org/downloads/jndimock.html)
* updated Chinese language (both traditional and simplified)
* fixes for windows 7 installation
* ability to save config in 'natural' platform locations on Win7, OSX if security
prevents access to install location, or if -Djxplorer.config=home is used.
* save size and divider state of multiple windows on save
* JXPlorer Help files now also on http://jxplorer.org website
* hungarian language file
* add JXworkbench 3rd party plug in to build
* EXPERIMENTAL support for internal node renaming (== move). Not applicable for opendirectory, which will fall back to copy/delete
* fix to language file bug
* allow language to be set in config.
* Multiple Windows
* Copy-and-Paste between Windows
* Paged Results
* Window name set to data source (directory or ldif file) used.
* Editing LDIF files with schema. (2 Step process; first, connect to a directory
with the schema you wish to use. Then either disconnect or open a new window, and
edit your ldif file)
* numerous problems with naming and multi-valued naming, particularly in LDIF files
* 'copy DN' enabled for LDIF files
* improved tree selection after copy/paste/delete tree events
Many thanks to our translators who've worked so hard making JXplorer multilingual:
Chinese: For *both* Traditional and Simplified Chinese; Evereasy (Evereasy@gmail.com) -awesome work.
French: Luc and Serge, and more recently Bruno Haleblian (email@example.com) for updates.
Hungarian: Richard - many thanks.
And thanks also to many others who wished to remain anonymous, or whom we've lost track of, including
those who did the original French and German translations!