Menu

cleanup and performance

2008-11-25
2013-05-29
  • Matthew Pocock

Matthew Pocock - 2008-11-25

Hi,

I've just submitted a patch with some code-cleanup stuff in. Hopefully, some of it will be useful.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=detail&aid=2344522&group_id=73840&atid=539121

I work with a project, ONDEX, that uses JUNG for visualizing networks. Some of our networks are very large, and can take many seconds to re-draw. Making the graphs smaller is not an option, since some sort of overview must be rendered before a user can drill down to a manageable data volume. To be clear, it is specifically the rendering performance, not the layout or any other routines that is an issue right now.

If I wanted to have a look at optimizing JUNG's rendering performance under Java2d, where would I start?

• João Gomes

João Gomes - 2010-08-18

I have that very same issue, can anybody point out a way to start optimizing the rendering performance? It's really useful for large graphs, I've had performance issues with graphs over 300 nodes.

Thanks in advance :)

• Filipe Vieira

Filipe Vieira - 2012-05-29

Sorry for bringing this old post up, but i'm facing the same problem for some time and i'm also looking for answers.

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks!