OpenJUMP is a community driven fork of JUMP the "Java Unified Mapping Platform" GIS software. The original JUMP was developed by Vivid Solutions, released under GPL2 in 2003 and discontinued in 2006.
During 2004 already some enthusiastic developers joined together to enhance further the features of JUMP. They launched an independent development branch called OpenJUMP. The name gives credit to the original JUMP development, and at the same time describes the objectives of this project to be fully open to anyone wanting to contribute.
These days OpenJUMP is developed and maintained by volunteers around the globe.
- Vector GIS (that can read rasters as well)
- provides open API & PlugIn system, scripting via BeanShell and Java Python
- edit, save, analyse, conflate and display your GIS data
- Vector formats:
- read GML, SHP, DXF*, JML
- write GML, SHP, DXF*, JML, SVG*
- Raster formats:
- reads MIF* & TIFF, JPG
- ECW & JPEG2000 (with 32bit Java on Windows, Linux, MacOSX)*
- MrSID (with oracle jre on Windows, Linux)*
- writes JPG
- Database access:
- read PostGIS, ArcSDE*, Oracle*, MySQL*, SpatialLite
- write PostGIS*
- Archives and compressed files:
- read known data formates from zip, tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2 archives or gz, bz2 compressed files
- supports OGC standards WMS & WFS (-T), GML 2, SLD, SFS
- Topology tools: line noder, polygonizer, planar graph,...
- Raster analysis via SEXTANTE connector
- Attribute transfer tools (1:1 transfer, or n:1 transfer)
- calculating length, area, centroid, buffer, convex hull,...
- spatial and attribute query functions
- rotating, scaling, auto-complete polygon, cut, merge, simplify polygons and lines
- warping, quality assurance tools*
- map generalization functions*
- sophisticated print out capability*
- * functionality provided via additional plugin or native libraries, binaries. search the wiki for additional explanations.
Thanks for good program!
This is an AWESOME piece of software!!!
Very useful project. Thanks
facill de usar y multilenguage, esta aplicacion tiene multiples opciones para la edicion de archivos gis y dases de datos geograficas ademas es posible crear control de calidad para la depuracion de la informacion. exelente.
very good project, thanks!