OpenJUMP is a community driven fork of JUMP the "Java Unified Mapping Platform" GIS software. The original JUMP was developed by Vivid Solutions, released under GPL2 in 2003 and discontinued in 2006.
During 2004 already some enthusiastic developers joined together to enhance further the features of JUMP. They launched an independent development branch called OpenJUMP. The name gives credit to the original JUMP development, and at the same time describes the objectives of this project to be fully open to anyone wanting to contribute.
These days OpenJUMP is developed and maintained by (some few) volunteers around the globe. If you need functionality or even better want to contribute you are very welcome to contact us at our mailing list.
- Vector GIS (that can read rasters as well)
- provides open API & PlugIn system, scripting via BeanShell and Java Python
- edit, save, analyse, conflate and display your GIS data
- strives to handle empty geometries well
- elaborate shortcuts, undo/redo
- Vector formats:
- read GML, SHP, DXF*, JML
- write GML, SHP, DXF*, JML, SVG*
- Raster format read support:
- georeferencing per world file or GeoTIFF
- BMP, DCX, FPX, GIF, JB2, JBIG2, JPEG, PAM, PBM, PCX
- PGM, PNG, PNM, PPM, PSD, TGA, TIFF, WBMP, XBM, XPM
- ECW & JPEG2000 (with 32bit Java on Windows, Linux, MacOSX)* incl. in Plus
- MrSID (with oracle jre on Windows, Linux)*
- Raster format write support:
- JPG, PNG
- Database access:
- read PostGIS, ArcSDE*, Oracle*, MySQL*, SpatialLite
- write PostGIS*
- Archives and compressed files:
- read known data formates from zip, tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2 archives or gz, bz2 compressed files
- supports OGC standards WMS & WFS (-T), GML 2, SLD, SFS
- Topology tools: line noder, polygonizer, planar graph,...
- Raster analysis via SEXTANTE connector
- Attribute transfer tools (1:1 transfer, or n:1 transfer)
- calculating length, area, centroid, buffer, convex hull,...
- spatial and attribute query functions
- rotating, scaling, auto-complete polygon, cut, merge, simplify polygons and lines
- warping, quality assurance tools*
- map generalization functions*
- sophisticated print out capability*
- * functionality provided via additional plugin or native libraries, binaries. search the wiki for additional explanations.
Great drawing and rendering performance
This is amazing project. Handles very large datasets that brings other GIS software to it's knees. A great big thank you!!!
Jump-pilot is perfect! Thanks.
Jump-pilot works great.
very good project, thanks!