Helen is an adventure game engine written in Java 6, designed to support multiple users. Where Helen attempts to be unique is enabling users with powerful extensibility without a grammar-heavy language (thanks to Groovy).
- Extensible model allows powerful customization
- Flexible grammar parsing using regex and fuzzy-match routines
- Messaging broadcast, using grammar rewrite substitution, including "distant" messages to send to nearby rooms
- Groovy scripting to build objects, rooms, directions, etc.
- Verbs can be designated per location, object, or user. This allows context-sensitive logic to be available via simplified encapsulation.
Be the first to post a review of Helen - Java Adventure Game Engine!