JGPSTrackEdit is a tool for editing gps tracks and planning (multiple days) tours (GPS track editor).
An abritary number of tracks may be opened or created, tracks may be merged. A track may be splitted, reversed or edited (e.g. compressed and corrected).
Points may be inserted or appended to a track (routing supported) or may be moved or deleted from a track.
Maps of several providers are available, the default map is OpenStreetMap.
Currently supported track formats: garmin route, gpx and txc, kml, import from www.gpsies.com.
JGPSTrackEdit my also be used to download tile images for later offline use by smartphone apps.
JGPSTrackEdit is written in the java language. To run the software, a java runtime installation is required (may be obtained from www.java.com/download/index.jsp)
More information, including the user manual, may be found on the wiki pages (https://sourceforge.net/p/jgpstrackedit/wiki/Home/)
- Open and save an arbitrary number of GPS track files (Garmin gpx, route, tcx and kml, gpsies.com)
- Create, split, merge and reverse tracks
- Edit tracks (insert, append, move and delete points, compress, correct)
- Support for multiple day tour planning
- Maps of several map providers
- Download tile images for later offline use in smartphone map apps
My search for a good GPS track editor has been an annual excercise for several years - every time I return from travels with 40 to 60 GPS track logs that need to be cleaned up. Was relying on GpsPrune. JGPSTrackEdit is much easier to use becuse the track point list is also visible and I can move through the list to determine the imapct of removing a point.