jEdit is a programmer's text editor written in Java.
jEdit is a programmer's text editor written in Java. It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
- Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture.
- Hundreds of plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the plugin manager feature.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- See http://www.jedit.org/?page=features for more ...
very good project, thanks!
Awesome reader. very neatly organizes everything!
Amazing job. Thanks all You Rock!
Excellent project! I've tried other editors, but they always seem to get in my way, and I always come back to jEdit.
very good project, thanks!Good,good,good.+1
thank you jedit