jEdit is a programmer's text editor written in Java. It uses the Swing toolkit for the GUI and can be configured as a rather powerful IDE through the use of its plugin architecture.
- Written in Java, so it runs on Mac OS X, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Built-in macro language; extensible plugin architecture.
- Hundreds of plugins can be downloaded and installed from within jEdit using the plugin manager feature.
- Auto indent, and syntax highlighting for more than 200 languages.
- Supports a large number of character encodings including UTF8 and Unicode.
- Folding for selectively hiding regions of text.
- Word wrap.
- Highly configurable and customizable.
- See http://www.jedit.org/?page=features for more ...
Oh PLEASE hire a UI designer!
Wonderful editor witha a lot of Plugin. I use it every day on Windows and Linux.
Very good editor
Simply one of the most versatile editors out there. Anything you want is there and it is infinitely customisable. And the maintainers are very nice and helpful.
great and versatile text editor