Jace is a java-based Apple //e emulator with many compelling features:
] Disk and Mass-storage (hard drive, 3.5 floppy) images
] Joystick and Mouse are fully supported (Joystick can be emulated with either keyboard or mouse, Java doesn't have native joystick support)
] All graphics modes are supported, including Apple RGB "Mixed" and B&W modes.
] Fullscreen and windowed modes supported
] PassPort MIDI support for Ultima V
] MetaCheat allows quick and easy ability to find and alter active memory
] MetaCheat also provides a live heat-map showing all RAM activity, color coded to indicate read, write or CPU execution -- Perfect for reverse engineers
] Optional Debugging rom (][DB) can be enabled for a more powerful monitor
] Super serial emulated as a tcp/ip port
] Mockingboard support, partial Phasor support
] Highly flexible configuration allows any combination of cards and many extra options. You can even alter configuration while the emulation is running!
- Full 128kb support, double-hires and 80-column -- also support for memory cards such as RamWorks (8mb) and RamFactor (16mb)
- NTSC emulated color and also "Mode 7" enhanced DHGR mode supported
- Disk emulation (dos ordering, prodos-ordering, NIB), also HDV/2MG smartdisk support
- Speaker emulation with experimental raw file output
- SSC-over-TCP/IP emulation
- Joystick emulation (using mouse or keyboard)
- Apple mouse emulation (also using mouse -- obviously)
- CPU-saver features (diables sound/video updates when possible)
- Open-ended design makes it easier for developers to add additional hardware emulation
- Extensive configuration from GUI and command-line lets you control many aspects of the emulator
There are no 2 star reviews.