JasperStarter is a command line launcher and batch compiler for JasperReports.
- Run any JasperReport that needs a jdbc, CSV, XML or empty datasource
- Use with any database for which a jdbc driver is available
- Execute reports that need runtime parameters and optionally prompt for them
- Print directly to system default or given printer
- Optionally show printer dialog to choose printer
- Export to file
- Export multiple formats in one commanding call
- Compile, print and export in one commanding call
- Integrate in non Java applications (for example PHP, Python)
- A recent version of JasperReports is already included
- Binary executable on Windows
Nice, lightweight tool to generate PDFs on the server using Jasper templates. We are looking for a solution to generate reports from xml files (generated by our rail app) using a Jasper template made with Jaspersoft Studio. If JasperStarter offered the option to process xml data sources, it would be a perfect match for us. Nonetheless, this is one nice handy tool to generate reports.
Excellent software, very useful for report generating without any java programming work!
Very useful. Thanks.