A pure Java library for reading from and writing to MS Access databases. This project is part of the OpenHMS (http://openhms.sourceforge.net/) project from Health Market Science.
- Reads and writes Microsoft Access 2000,2002/2003,2007,2010/2013 databases (1997 read-only)
- Fully supports most Access data types
- Supports table creation, index creation, row create/update/delete
- Pure Java, no native library dependencies
- Provides read-only table relationship and embedded SQL query information
- Cursors enable indexed lookup and advanced table traversal
- Reads database password in all supported versions
- Pluggable codec provider allows handling of encoded file types (see Jackcess Encrypt project)
- Support for the complex data types added in Access 2007/2010
A great library. Thank you!
Used it for the SIARD (Software-Independent Archival of Relational Databases) project of the Swiss Federal Archives. It is very good for read-access, OK for DML and rather weak on DDL.
Used it to write a front end to manage a non-profit's back end. Worked great!
take a look at h_t_t_p_s://github.com/amgohan/jackcess-orm/ a project that i initiated jackcess-orm a mini ORM for mapping MSAccess tables to Java POJOs using JPA annotations and jackess library
good job. But better would it be if there where methods to get typed values (getInt and so on) on tables and informations when a key is not in a table (make a find with Type Long for a field which is Integer, that result that he dont find a row).