The project contains the following modules:
* Main Controller Module which is responsible for scheduling and switching the water pumps, monitoring the water level and temperature, and reading the Soil Moisture Sensors. The module has a 4 line alphanumeric LCD that makes the system easy to use.
* Sensor Controller Module is attached to the Main Controller Module via RS232 interface. This module is the master controller for the Soil Moisture Sensors and also contains a Dallas 1-Wire interface for temperature sensors.
* Soil Moisure Sensors are responsible for sensing if the soil of irrigated flowers are wet or not. These sensors are attached to the Sensor Controller Module via slow speed I2C bus. The modules use 2-pin probes and drives them with 4 kHz square wave in order to avoid oxidating the probes.
In my implementation I used these small water pumps from Conrad: http://www.conrad.hu/conrad.php?name=Products&pid=539090
The whole system is powered by a 12V / 4A SMPS.
- 3-mode pump scheduler
- Big alphanumeric LCD
- Water tank level sensor
- Water temperature sensor (1-Wire)
- Low voltage pump drivers
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Soil moisture sensors with square wave drive
- Low power consumption
So far so good. Just started playing the CLI once I installed my Irrigation Caddy. Anybody have documentation on how to deal with authentication or is that not possible via the CLI method? Thanks in advance, MRamos