The Iron Way, aka Simutrans Iron Bite, is a free, open source transport simulation game. It is a fork of the Simutrans project featuring a better UI for the game, both with visual and usability enhancements. It can run most of the known Simutrans graphics sets, but comes with three sets included, so that you can start playing right away without need to download and install further components.
A secondary goal is to translate the remaing German in the source code to English.
- Includes trucks, trains, maglev, monorail, ships and aircarft based transport.
- Goods, passenger and mail transport simulation.
- Environmental pollution effects (since r0.37)
- Improved UI, additional UI customization options.
- English and German translations included.
- Starting with r48, no more economic pressure in the game.
- "Large Pixel" zoom mode to help people with bad eyesight and owners of high DPI monitors.
- Source code eventually translated to English.
- Based on Simutrans 111.2.2 Stable.