InfraRecorder is a high quality CD/DVD burning solution for Microsoft Windows.
- Create custom data, audio and mixed-mode projects and record them to physical discs as well as disc images.
- Record disc images (ISO and BIN/CUE).
- Create disc copies, on the fly and using a temporary disc image.
- Supports recording to dual-layer DVDs.
- Blank (erase) rewritable discs using four different methods.
- Fixate discs (write lead-out information to prevent further data from being added to the disc).
- Import session data from multi-session discs and add more sessions to them.
- Save audio and data tracks to files (.wav, .wma, .ogg, .mp3 and .iso).
Nice to burn and read disks. Work with isos well.
This program works well, except for some serious problems: 1. When burning a disk, it says "Operation Complete" before it is actually complete. Manually ejecting the disk at this point will produce a coaster. There is no status message when the operation is actually complete. 2. Verification only takes a few seconds and never gives a good or bad report. It should be doing a byte-by-byte comparison of the data, which would take much longer and report status upon completion. 3. It appears that when multiple copies are burned, the first disk is good and the additional ones are all coasters. 4. Because of these problems, it is very easy to make coasters. When this happens, the dDisk Information Tool reports that it has two sessions (there should be only one) and that the last session is empty. 5. The only way to tell when the burning and verification is complete is to check the box that says to eject the disk when done. There is no way to have this box checked by default, and the status of this box is not saved as part of the project. You must remember to check it every time. 6. When using the Disk Information tool, the status of the disk is read immediately. It does not wait for the disk to come ready. To get a correct response, you must wait for disk activity to cease before invoking this tool.
Great product for recording CDs. Use long time - no complaints at work! The only bad thing, - the project is developing very slow...
I just like it
Great software, but it will better if it can handle filenames that are not in English, say in Chinese characters. The system ended up syaing cannot read : ???.wav.