Impro-Visor® is a music notation tool for producing monophonic lead sheets. Chord symbols are used to generate backing tracks automatically. Improvisation advice exists in the form of note coloration, database of licks, and automatic lick generation from grammars. Grammars can be learned automatically from transcriptions. Styles can be edited and created by the user. Other features include generation of roadmaps for understanding keys and idiomatic chord progressions, chord voicing keyboard, MIDI and MusicXML export. See http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~keller/jazz/improvisor for general information, including tutorials. Support and additional resources are through the user group http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/impro-visor/.
Please read before leaving evaluation: http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~keller/jazz/improvisor/reviewerNote.html
- Impro-Visor = Improvisation Advisor, focused on leadsheets with monophonic melody
- Music notation using point-and-click, with visual harmonic hints and advice
- Uniform interface on all major platforms (Windows, MacOSX, Linux)
- Huge store of musical knowledge about chords, scales, licks, etc.
- Music saved as text files, can be entered as text if desired
- Auto-generated accompaniment from chord progressions
- Roadmap generator (showing keys and chord bricks)
- Automatic grammatical inference for melodic styles
- Automatic lick generation from grammars
- User-specifiable accompaniment styles
- MusicXML import thru MuseScore
- MusicXML and MIDI exports
- MIDI import (single track)
- Easy, fast chord entry
- Style editor
This program has so many different tools to choose from! They are all helpful and fun.
This is a great learning tool!
Offers a great number of useful and interesting features
This program can do so many innovative things.
Great project, extremely useful for transcription and practice as a developing improviser. Congratulations on the release of 6.0! --J.D.