Impact is an explicit Finite Element Program Suite which simulates dynamic impact events. It has a range of elements, contact handling and different material laws. Models can be created, solved and analyzed with the included pre- and postprocessor. Impact is based on an Explicit Time stepping algorithm. These kind of codes are used to simulate dynamic phenomena such as car crashes and similar, usually involving large deformations.
- Nonlinear simulation with contact and nonlinear material
- Support elastic, elastoplastic and thermoelastoplastic materials
- Integrated environment, preprocessor - processor (solver) - postprocessor
- Support GiD preprocessor via Impact interface module
1. I had found that the the program secretly sends data to main6.rb.pl. The source for LogDB.jar in /lib directory is not available. I had to ask people to WATCH OUT! 2. Should be easy to assemble from the original package libraries to ensure security of the package. Also secretly executes jnlp from opt.sf.net. Above two issues have been readily solved by the main authors. Excellent support. I would be happy to see the following: 1. Complete source code of all the elements so that developers can join in 2. Ant based compilation and build from ORIGINAL source packages 3. Using the latest version of JAVA Packages and removing all unsupported Java. Thanks. Forest Source
hi does it work in win 7 64bit? is there any good manual for using impact? who worked with this software please somebody help me this is my email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for Impact, it's excellent!
Impact works great.
Very impressed so far. The project is a great idea. Commercial software is overpriced and inaccessible...this is more promising! Its powerful as it is. Looking forward to seeing it expanded. The input file reader can be a little quirky at times.