This directory contains installs based on the IFC Exporter UI code for Revit 2014 and Revit LT 2014. New installs will be created when:
- There is a major Revit release or update release.
- There is a critical change to the source code.
- Periodically, if any significant changes have been made since the last install. This is currently intended to happen around the end of the month.
(2.12.0) IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 v2.12.0.msi
IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 Source v2.12.0.zip
- The export UI has been prepared for localization into alternate languages, and has been translated into French. The French version will be automatically used if you have a French OS on your machine. If you are interested in translating the UI into your local language, contact us and we will provide you with the resources file to translate. Note that the help is still English-only.
- The Setup dialog for the export alternate UI has been split into 3 tabbed pages to make it easier to find and understand the export options.
- Added a message to the user stating that exporting linked files does not support exporting mirrored instances.
- The functionality for creating and using user-defined property sets has been greatly enhanced. This includes:
- Added a "DefaultUserDefinedParameterSets.txt" file to allow a user to create user-defined property sets for any setup, including the in-session setup.
- Added the "IFC2x3 Extended FM Handover View.txt" user-defined property sets file to the installation. This also fixes a typo in the original version.
- Allow the user to specify any file as a user-defined property set file, instead of being forced to use the default name and location.
- Increased the types of fields that can be used from the original 4. The full list is detailed in the DefaultUserDefinedParameterSets.txt file.
(2.11.0) IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 v2.11.0.msi
IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 Source v2.11.0.zip
- Export linked Revit files as separate IFCs as a UI option. Note that IFC linked instances will be re-exported; we will look to optimize this in a future release.
- UI for coarse tessellation now includes profile loops for extrusions.
- Don't fail export if there are trailing spaces in the Classification Field Name.
- Fix update of some files with old UI saved configurations.
(2.9.0) IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 v2.9.0.msi
IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 Source v2.9.0.zip
- Add option to export user defined property sets. Please see the SourceForge wiki for more information on what is currently supported.
- Added "IFC2x3 Extended FM Handover View" configuration to UI. Use this option if you want to maximally extract COBie data from the IFC file.
(2.8.0) IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 v2.8.0.msi
IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 Source v2.8.0.zip
- Add "Classification Field Name" to Classification tab in Assignments. This allows a user to specify the name of one field that will serve as a classification.
- Add "Phase to Export" UI to allow user to choose which phase to export. This field is grayed out if exporting the current view.
- Fix "Duplicate" button in the export setup dialog to respond to left-clicking.
(2.5.0) IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 v2.5.0.msi
IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 Source v2.5.0.zip
- Add UI version number to title of the IFC Export dialog box.
- Add option to export schedules as custom property sets. The name of the schedule is the property set name; the column names are the IFC parameter names.
- Add option to export solid models, which allow for mixing BRep and extrusion geometries for an entity. This can result in smaller IFC files.
- Remove option to disable surface styles on export.
- Remove option to export advanced swept solids.
(2.4.0) IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 v2.4.0.msi
IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 Source v2.4.0.zip
- Added IFC4 Basic Coordination View 2.0 configuration, and IFC4 as a pull-down option for IFC version. This requires Revit 2014 Update Release 1 to be installed.
- Optionally allow storing the generated IFC GUIDs into the project file after export. This will add "IFC GUID" parameters to elements, their types, and Project Information for Project, Site, and Building GUIDS. This requires v3.4 of the exporter to add the parameter values, and also requires a manual save.
- Report which property sets are being exported on a single line in the detail section of the first export screen.
(2.3.0) IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 v2.3.0.msi
IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 Source v2.3.0.zip
- Added "Use coarse tessellation for some BReps" option, defaulting to true.
(2.2.0) IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 v2.2.0.msi
IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 Source v2.2.0.zip
We did some work to try to make the UI a little more user-friendly. This wasn't intended as a complete overhaul, but instead an improvement within the current setup of the alternate UI. This includes:
1st Page of Export:
- Change default to "IFC2x3 Coordination View 2.0" MVD from "Default 2x3", which was the original IFC2x3 Coordination View MVD.
- Don't create an "Update Setups" transaction unless "Modify Setup..." is chosen.
- Move the "Export..." button to the lower-right, next to the "Cancel" button.
- Remove the "Save setups and close" button; setups will be automatically saved when pressing "OK" button "Modify Setup" page.
- Re-order and rename the built-in configurations to match the real file versions and MVD names.
- Sort the table into "included" and "not included" for customizable options.
2nd Page of Export:
- OK button saves configuration changes; no need for "Save setups and close" button.
- Re-group the custom options into more logical groups.
(2.1.0) IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 v2.1.0.msi
IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2014 Source v2.1.0.zip
- Corresponds to v1.8.1 of the IFC Export UI for Autodesk Revit 2013.