IEDExplorer is an IEC 61850 client tool written for testing and educational purposes. IEDExplorer can connect to an IEC61850 device (also called an IED) over MMS (ISO/IEC9506-1 and ISO/IEC 9506-2) communication protocol. The tool is written in pure C# including the MMS ASN.1 parser (based on BinaryNotes ASN.1 tool) and runs in .net environment, on Windows and Linux (Mono). Actually it is relatively incomplete but still it can:
- inspect MMS variables in the tree structure
- read values
- create or delete variable lists
-, activate and read unbuffered reports
- read directories and files (e.g. for COMTRADE protection event records)
It also supports writing to variables and sending commands, both in a limited scope yet.
There is a lot to do to improve the tool, including:
- better OSI layer support
- better UI insulation (currently a simplistic WinForms UI without any MVC techniques)
- functionality (testing, stability, new functions, ...)
I will appreciate any help.
Hi, Really great job. Congratulations. IEDExplorer can correctly parse our iec61850 server based on commercial stack. I thing it is first open source implementation of IEC61850 stack. Of course there is many to do, to get full featured tool like e.g. reports, goose. For this pioneer work I give 5 stars. Best regards MiSo