Icarus Scene Engine is a cross-platform, CLS-compliant 3D framework, integrating open source APIs into a cohesive all-open-source, all .NET solution. For Windows, MacOSX & Linux.
Uses OpenTK, OpenGL, OpenAL APIs for graphics and audio. Runs on Mono/.NET. Links to FFMpeg for streaming video, and FreeType as a temporary conversion mod to bring fonts into a native XML format.
Binary builds of Icarus will be infrequent, roughly every 18 months or so, the GIT code updates regularly on a weekly or twice-weekly basis (or faster if there are urgent issues).
- Dynamic shader generation based on materials, material layers, lighting, shadows, normal mapping and post effects
- Animatable Lighting, Cameras, Lenses, Scenes.
- Multi-threading. Background loading of all resources, inc. models, textures, audio
- Shared resource ".scenex" XML-based files for textures, models, materials, scene definition etc.. etc..
- Native .NET Physics simulations, based on ODE,converted and streamlined. Background-threaded, with built in synchronisation to 3D models and any other scene object.
- Native .NET OGG and WAV support, with background thread audio processing/streaming
- 3D Positional Audio based on OpenAL.
- 3D Models, importing from 3DS and OBJ files
- Terrain from Textures and raw heightfield data
- Themable User Interface controls, fully animatable, with nested parent/child as well as docking and/or anchoring to 9 points around the parent UI element with spacing and padding properties
- Binary-compatible across MacOSX, Windows, Linux.
- Scene Management. Scenes within Scenes, Parallel Scenes
- Full Animation Track, Time Dilation on any Track
- Double/Single floating point accuracy versions.
- Automatic selection of VBO, Display Lists, Immediate Mode, depending on underlying rendering platform capabilities and/or dynamic nature of rendering.
- Dynamic LOD geometric texturable shapes including: spheres, torus, cylinders, capsules, tubules
- Native in-engine Collision Rays, projection and unprojection, including ray projection into geometry triangles, triangle texture coordinates and onwards into the sub-scene that generated the texture.
- Easy Surface generation (Frame Buffers) for depth and/or color rendering of Scenes
- Cross-platform Font consistency.
- Decoding/Encoding Video Streams
- CLS-Compliant for VB and other .NET language use
- DXT texture compression support
- Custom XML loading for large (>10Mb) XML files containing high definition models & textures. e.g. 100Mb single model size
- 6 default coordinate primitives, vector, euler (vec+angles), matrix, trajectory, position /rotation (vector & matrix), and Composite coordinates (arrays of primitives), can be set on any object
Be the first to post a review of Icarus Scene Engine!