Icarus Scene Engine is a cross-platform, CLS-compliant 3D framework, integrating open source APIs into a cohesive all-open-source, all .NET solution. For Windows, MacOSX, Linux, Web, iOS, Android.
Uses OpenTK, OpenGL, OpenAL, Mono/.NET, FFMpeg and FreeType.
Binaries built with ISE run without recompilation across Windows, Linux and Mac OSX, with only Mono/.NET being an installation requirement.
Now includes blank example project solution for iOS, Win, Mac, Linux builds, neater folder structure, numerous bug fixes and improvements over 3.0. Please read the included "3.1 Changes from 3.0.pdf" for a list of all the major changes, tweaks, fixes and improvements.
NOTE: Icarus Scene Engine 3.1 has a number of minor breaking changes from 3.0, around renames of classes, expect about ~30 mins to fully update existing projects
- Themable User Interface controls, fully animatable. Develop & test the UI on PC, deploy to iOS without changes.
- Animatable Lighting, Cameras, Lenses, Scenes.
- Multi-threading. Background loading of all resources
- 3D Models
- Terrain from Textures
- Binary-compatible across MacOSX, Windows, Linux.
- Compile-compatible across iOS/Android.
- Scene Management. Scenes within Scenes, Parallel Scenes
- Full Animation Track, Time Dilation on any Track
- Double/Single floating point accuracy versions.
- Visual 3D Positional Audio based on OpenAL
- Automatic selection of VBO, Display Lists, Immediate Mode, depending on underlying rendering platform capabilities and/or dynamic nature of rendering.
- Open Native .NET file formats for assets (Textures, Geometry, Fonts), uncompressed, compressed and highly compressed
- 3D model importing from 3DS and OBJ files
- Dynamic LOD geometric texturable shapes including: spheres, torus, cylinders, capsules, tubules
- Rendering API-agnostic Collision Rays, projection and unprojection
- Cross-platform Font consistency.
- Decoding/Encoding Video Streams
- Native .NET OGG support
- Native .NET WAV support
- CLS-Compliant for VB and other .NET language use
Be the first to post a review of Icarus Scene Engine!