HWSensors is a software bundle that includes drivers and applications that allow you to access information from hardware sensors available on your Mac.
FakeSMC is an open source SMC device driver/emulator developed by netkas (http://netkas.org/).
NOTE: FakeSMC & Plugins starting from v915 provide additional sensors information to HWMonitor then running on Macs. By installing FakeSMC on real Mac you should consider you know what you are doing and how to recover your system if something will goes wrong.
Sourceforge, sources & downloads: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/
BitBucket, sources & downloads: https://bitbucket.org/kozlek/hwsensors/overview
Assembla, sources: https://www.assembla.com/code/fakesmc/git/nodes
GitHub, sources: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors
HWSensors Project (c) 2014 netkas, slice, usr-sse2, kozlek, navi, THe KiNG, RehabMan and others. All rights reserved.
- Hardware sensors information provided by SMC
- Additional sensors information like CPU frequencies, GPU frequency, temperature and fan speed (need special drivers to be installed)
- S.M.A.R.T. attributes listing with values and thresholds, will notify user about possible drive failure
- Advanced fan control
- History graphs
- Can notify user about excessed temperature with color markings, via notification center or Growl
- Customizable sensors information and icons in system menubar
- Customizable and detachable drop down menu
Hello, I updated to the latest version of the HWSensors "5.4.944", and this is causing slowdowns on my system! Using an Intel Core i3 third generation. Its back to the previous version of the program? Thank you.