This application is used to monitor your home via email / FTP using USB camera and microphone , there is a lot of configurations to customize it upon needs. A motion detection is also supported. More info, in my blog http://osama-oransa.blogspot.com/
- Use USB web camera and microphone
- Work while computer is locked
- Differentiate between capturing the image/audio and sending them in email as attachments
- Configurable for customization of the needs
- Motion detection to send out of configuration shots.
- Can send emails using gmail user account.
- Captured media stored in specified directory and send some according to the configurations.
- Depends on LTI-CIVIL for accessing the USB camera: http://lti-civil.org/
- You can download the library and pick the needed library for the operating system
- Run over any operating system.
- Tested well in Java 5 , still there is issue in email sending with attachment in Java 6.
- Optionally Play sound/recorded message on repeated motion detection.
- Wait for configurable time before start capturing.
- In Version 1.1 (1) a new configuration item to delete old picture if new matched it.
- (2) Also FTP Support is added.
- Future enhancements : http://osama-oransa.blogspot.com/2010/12/java-home-monitor-application.html
Be the first to post a review of Java Home Monitor Application!