Hide or show hidden files and extensions using a hotkey or tray menu.
Hifito is a small utility for Windows, which allows to quickly toggle the "Show hidden files" and "Hide extensions for known file types" Explorer settings. The utility is written in C using only the win32 API, so it's really fast and lightweight.
- Toggles hidden files visibility
- Toggles file name extensions visibility
- Allows assigning global hotkeys for toggling
- Allows toggling the settings using the tray menu
- Optionally informs about current state using a popup balloon notification
- Tiny (about 50KB), written using pure Windows API
Thanks, now it works fine :) I tried to write something like this (under .NET or WSH) after using Linux, but failed with Explorer updating like in your previous version. How about hotkey option for show/hide it on tray and running parameters for direct switching?
Really useful tool, I just think it should be coupled in the Windows Explorer instead of being a standalone application.