With HelloNzb you can download (binary) files from Usenet servers via NZB index files. The software is based on Java and can thus run on many platforms (tested on Windows and Linux). Automatic archive verification via PAR2, automatic RAR archive extraction, built-in yEnc- and UU-decoding. Portable, no installation required.
- Download from Usenet Servers via NZB files
- Java-based, runs on multiple platforms
- Built-in web server for remote access (BETA)
- Automatic archive check via PAR2 and MultiPAR
- Automatic RAR archive extraction
- Extract RAR archive while files are being downloaded
- Built-in yEnc- and UU-decoding
- Support for parallel downloads from alternative Servers
- Support for secure connections via SSL
- Support for multiple connections and server authentication
- Localization (English, German, Dutch, Turkish)
- Drag'n'Drop of NZB file(s) into the HelloNzb window
- Small footprint and portable, no installation required
- Optional download speed limitation
- Optional computer shutdown after all downloads have been finished
- Optional system tray icon in taskbar
This software is: - easy - light - effective - portable So I rate it 5 stars.
Does what its supposed to do perfectly.
This is a great news client for those who purely want to download NZB. It is simple to use and reliable.
HelloNzb is easy to use and looks nice. Also HelloNzb supports multiple languages. Although there is room for improvements: - Multiple server support. - Retry missing articles support.
I have been looking for a simple NZB usenet downloader for my wife. We used to use Grabit, however on windows 7, it seems to stop functioning periodically. HelloNzb is just as easy to use.