Haundrix Chess is a free open source chess program that can be used for playing against your computer and for viewing/editing your PGN files.
- cool move animations and sound effects
- a sleek user interface with smart one-click move input
- several piece sets to choose from
- a move history view with standard algebraic notation and figurine symbols
- human vs human, human vs computer and computer vs computer matches under time controls
- import from/export to PGN file format
Finally a good looking chess software which works in linux. Not just the user interface, the code also looks beautiful!
Definitely a fine freeware chess program.
Great open source chess program. Not as advanced as some other ones used by professionals, but I don't believe that's what Haundrix is trying to accomplish. Give it a try, you'll like it!