The goal of this tool is to simplify and accelerate the process of creating bookmarks for DjVu and PDF documents. You can see additional information on the project page.
- Create bookmark tree from text table of content (TOC).
- Edit existing bookmarks of DjVU and PDF documents.
- Import bookmarks from STDU Viewer XML bookmark files.
- Create bookmark trees manually.
- Restructuring bookmarks (drag & drop), shift page numbers.
- Embed bookmark trees into DjVu / PDF documents.
This is a great utility for documents!! I have used it for several years to add a table of contents from 2000 page books. to short papers. It takes a little time to learn how to use it-but worth every second. The workflow I use with an OCRed pdf document is to copy the TOC in a text editor and paste into a text file and clean up. Some pdfs remove blank pages, so you must insert a blank page so the page count will correspond to to the TOC numbers. Next import the text file into HandyOutliner and enter the number of pages before page 1 in the pdf and finally use HandyOutliner to write the TOC to the pdf. Works great!