HaikuVM has been started for hobbyists who develop applications for ARDUINO to open the world of JAVA and leJOS. Yes, you can program an ARDUINO with JAVA!
HaikuVM is so small that it even runs on an atmega8 (and the ASURO robot). And yes, you can program an ASURO robot with JAVA!
- Runs for targets: AVR (e.g. ATmega8, ATmega328p), UBUNTU, WINDOWS
- Direct access to memory and IO ports
- Native Interface (JNI)
- Direct access to C/C++ functions and libraries via annotations @NativeCFunction / @NativeCppFunction
- Insert C code into your Java file using annotation member 'cImpl'.
- Preemptive threads
- double and float support
- Arrays, including multidimensional ones
- Garbage collection
- Configurable 64, 32 or 16 bit data types including half precision float
- Zero Assembler Code
- Compact: Requires only down to 5k Bytes of code memory which includes HaikuVM and your Java program.
- Fast: About 55k Java opcodes per second on 8 Mhz AVR ATmega8
- Needs only 250 Bytes RAM (the rest is for your JAVA variables and objects)
- Uses a static linking model to reduce code footprint
Be the first to post a review of haikuVM!