HaikuVM has been started for hobbyists who develop applications for ARDUINO to open the world of JAVA and leJOS. Yes, you can program an ARDUINO with JAVA!
HaikuVM is so small that it even runs on an atmega8 (and the ASURO robot). And yes, you can program an ASURO robot with JAVA!
- Preemptive threads
- double and float support
- Arrays, including multidimensional ones
- Garbage collection
- Runs on AVR ATmega8, AVR ATmega328p
- Configurable 64, 32 or 16 bit data types including half precision float
- Zero Assembler Code
- Compact: Requires only down to 5k Bytes of code memory which includes HaikuVM and your Java program.
- Fast: About 55k Java opcodes per second on 8 Mhz AVR ATmega8
- Needs only 250 Bytes RAM (the rest is for your JAVA application)
- Direct access to memory
- Native Interface
Be the first to post a review of haikuVM!