GXSM -- Gnome X Scanning Microscopy: A multi-channel image and vector-probe data acquisition and visualization system designed for SPM techniques (STM,AFM..), but also SPA-LEED. A plug-in interface allows any user add-on data-processing and special hardware and instrument support.
Based on several hardware options it supports a commercially available DSP hardware and provided also Open Source Code for all the low level signal processing tasks and instrument controls in a most flexible and adaptable manner.
All latest software is available via CVS only or Live Demo/Install CD: http://www.ventiotec.de/linux/GXSM-Linux.iso
- scanning probe microscopy
- supported modes: STM, AFM (contact), NC-AFM with digital PLL for tuning fork like systems (Mk3/A810 needed) up to 75kHz (any faster with external PLL), ...
- full DSP based multi channel feedback, scanning, probing and more
- multichannel, multilayerd 2D data acquisition and processing
- multi channel, each up to 4D, data handling and visualization
- multi dimensional spectroscopic data visualization and analysis
- GXSM 4 Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gxsm4w
It is an wonderful effort Zahl and Team, your technical contributions are more than developing any social network software. DD
STM/SPM and DSPs are our babys since this project's roots dating back to 1995 ;-)