A data visualization and processing tool for scanning probe microscopy (SPM, i.e. AFM, STM, MFM, SNOM/NSOM, ...) and profilometry, useful also for general image and 2D data analysis.
- Support for more than 90 SPM file formats.
- All standard functions: levelling, geometrical transforms, statistical characterisation, grain detection, FFT filtering, ...
- Processing of data under arbitrarily shaped masks.
- Calibration and metrology support.
- Single point spectra and volume data support (for a subset of file formats).
- Generation of artificial surfaces and measurement simulation.
- Python scripting.
Gwyddion is the best SPM image software that I know (including commercial software)!
Gwyddion is great! Thanks.
It is wonderful! Good, fast, compatible and have a lot of options.
I have used several proprietary SPM image analysis tools: 3 that came with each type of Scanning probe Microscope I handle and two that are more generic. Gwyddion is better than all 5 by a long shot. Language support, file format support, scripting capabilities, cross platform, ... and that is just the basic top level. If you really want to know what is happening to your data, and not only get pretty pictures, free libre open source is the only way to go for your scientific needs. Gwyddion simply smokes the competition.
Very powerful image processing software, and free! All sorts of flattening algorithms and masking to calculate surface coverage of various features, and study topography of AFM images