Guayadeque is a music management program designed for all music enthusiasts. It is Full Featured Linux media player that can easily manage large collections and uses the Gstreamer media framework. More information? http://guayadeque.org
- Play mp3, ogg, flac, wma, wav, mpc, mp4, ape, etc
- Configurable crossfader engine
- Configurable Silence detector to avoid listening to silence between tracks
- Read and write tags in all supported formats
- Allow to catalogue your music using labels. Any track, artist or album can have as many labels you want
- Smart play mode that add tracks that fit your music taste using the tracks currently in play list
- Ability to download covers manually or automatically
- Suggest music using last.fm service
- Allow fast access to any music file by genre, artist, album, etc
- Play and Record shoutcast radios
- Allow searching for an artist or a track in shoutcast radios
- Allow to subscribe to podcasts and download all new episodes automatically or manually
- Dynamic or static play lists
- Tracks tag editor with automatically fetching of tags information for easily completion
- Lyrics downloads from configurable lyrics providers.
- Easily expandable contextual commands support. For example you can right click on any album and click in option to record the album in a burning application
- Option to copy the selection you want to a directory or device using a configurable pattern.
- Last.fm and Libre.fm audioscrobbling support
- Partial gnome session support to detect when gnome session is about to close and save the play list so it can continue next time with the same tracks
- Allow to resume play status and position when closed and reopened
- You can rate the tracks from 0 to 5 stars
- Mpris dbus interface support so it can easily controlled from music applets for example and many more
- SoundMenu integration
- iPod support
- Portable Device support
- Cue sheet support
- Multiple collections
Simply the best musiclibrary software for Linux. I searched a foobar2000 replacement for a long time, now I have found one.
So many little things to love about this program (one of which, is the ability to tweak the optional fade between tracks). The album image lookup works. It's pretty stable and (apparently) runs fairly light on large music collections. Thanks to the author for a player that I end up coming back to, every time.
Very nice work, awsome app but need a bit design to take skin look support and windows OS support
Excellent program.Very easy and simple to use.
Support Shoutcast flawlessly , and internet radio do not cut like with rythmbox. Oh by the way the is no Shoutcast browser in rythmbox. surprise there is also lyrics automatically found, translated in french. Integrated in unity sound control, binary is less thant 5 meg Very few dependencies (Own X Widget ?). Simply it's name is hard to pronounce. I really like this player.