Guayadeque is a music management program designed for all music enthusiasts. It is Full Featured Linux media player that can easily manage large collections and uses the Gstreamer media framework. More information? http://guayadeque.org
- Play mp3, ogg, flac, wma, wav, mpc, mp4, ape, etc
- Configurable crossfader engine
- Configurable Silence detector to avoid listening to silence between tracks
- Read and write tags in all supported formats
- Allow to catalogue your music using labels. Any track, artist or album can have as many labels you want
- Smart play mode that add tracks that fit your music taste using the tracks currently in play list
- Ability to download covers manually or automatically
- Suggest music using last.fm service
- Allow fast access to any music file by genre, artist, album, etc
- Play and Record shoutcast radios
- Allow searching for an artist or a track in shoutcast radios
- Allow to subscribe to podcasts and download all new episodes automatically or manually
- Dynamic or static play lists
- Tracks tag editor with automatically fetching of tags information for easily completion
- Lyrics downloads from configurable lyrics providers.
- Easily expandable contextual commands support. For example you can right click on any album and click in option to record the album in a burning application
- Option to copy the selection you want to a directory or device using a configurable pattern.
- Last.fm and Libre.fm audioscrobbling support
- Partial gnome session support to detect when gnome session is about to close and save the play list so it can continue next time with the same tracks
- Allow to resume play status and position when closed and reopened
- You can rate the tracks from 0 to 5 stars
- Mpris dbus interface support so it can easily controlled from music applets for example and many more
- SoundMenu integration
- iPod support
- Portable Device support
- Cue sheet support
- Multiple collections
Excellent Music player. Low of resources. Excellent streaming radio support with search of Shoutcast and Tunein. Would be perfect if it's look could be modernised or it had the possibility of skins.
Good player. Very good lyrics searching. Recordings folder cant be changed. Some radio stations not work. 0.3.7 compiles under ubuntu 14.o4
Forget every other player - Guaya should be the default in every Linux distro ;-) I use it since 2012 and tested a lot players but no one is such nice when it comes to playing music, copying my favorites to my USB stick (to play it in the car) and even RECORDING streams!! That recording feature is the reason why I donated to the dev - it is so cool please go on developing guayadeque and thanks !!!
Simply the best musiclibrary software for Linux. I searched a foobar2000 replacement for a long time, now I have found one.