README file for GSVideo-test
The test packages of GSVideo are intended to try out and debug new features. They might contain several bugs or unfinished functionality.
* Resolution and fps query method in GSCapture has better error handling.
* Renamed some functions (play->start, pause->stop) in GSCapture.
* Using newer gstreamer binaries in Mac OSX.
* Added GSGLMovie class that allows direct buffer copy to GLTexture objects in GLGraphics library.
* Added GLPlayback example.
* Event listeners in GSMovie, GSPlayer, GSCapture and GSPipeline classes are removed in delete() to avoid memory leaks.
* Finer-grained options to control location of gstreamer libraries.
* New platform dependent packages including gstreamer binaries for Mac OSX and Windows. OSX binaries are based on latest ports (gstreamer 0.10.32) from macports project, and Windows binaries coming from winbuilds 0.10.7 Beta 3
* Using latest gstreamer-java bindings from trunk.
* Added isPlaying(), isPaused(), and isLooping() methods to GSMovie.
* Improved mechanism to detect if global installation of gstreamer is available. User can override automatic search by specifying global directory with GSVideo.globalGSteamerPathLinux, GSVideo.globalGSteamerPathMacOSX, and GSVideo.globalGSteamerPathWindows static variables.
* Added delete() and dispose() methods to all the classes. Replaced PlayBin with PlayBin2 in GSMovie and GSPlayer.
* Fixed color swap problem. Updated pipelines/Test example since now there is no more need to explicity set the colorspace.
* Updated to the latest gstreamer-java bindings from the trunk.
* Using gstreamer-java 1.5 (unreleased yet)
* Correct OSX device argument in GSCapture
* Adds getSourceWidth, getSourceHeight, getSourceFrameRate to GSMovie, GSPlayer.
* Added static field GSVideo.passDirectBuffer that allows to control de use of direct buffer passing in gstreamer-java. By default the value is true, which should result in better performance since no new buffers are created when reading video frames.
* Fixed implementation of GSMovie.speed() method. Now it works as expected, even for backwards playback.
* Added setEventHandlerObject method to GSPipeline and GSPlayer, so the object with the event handler methods can be different from PApplet.
* Corrected directory name to GSVideo, otherwise it won't load.
* Support for audio-only pipelines.
* Various improvements in GSMovieMaker.
* Fixed macinstall script by Hansi Raber.