** Grub2Win supports both EFI and BIOS on Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP **
Safely dual boot Windows and Linux.
Grub2Win boots native, open source GNU grub version 2.02 code. Everything is contained in a single 12 MB directory on your Windows C: drive. On EFI systems a few small modules (less than one half MB total) will be installed to your EFI partition.
Using the simple Windows GUI and instructions you can install Grub2Win quickly and safely. Boot time messages and help can be displayed in your native language.
Select from a nearly unlimited number of OS choices. Samples for Android, Ubuntu, Suse, Fedora, Mint, BSD and Windows are included.
Grub2Win has been downloaded more than 120,000 times and is used in 170 countries worldwide.
- EFI and BIOS boot support
- Installs to Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP
- Requres just one directory on the Windows C: drive, about 12 MB disk space
- Simple Windows GUI easily sets up Grub2Win in seconds
- Preview and select boot themes and animations during the install
- Grub boot messages and help can be displayed in 27 major languages worldwide
- Works with all filesystems including Btrfs as well as Mac hfs and hfsplus
- Can search for and boot a partition by it's label. Supports advanced scripting
- Works with GPT disks - up to 128 primary partitions per disk drive
- Supports extremely large (over 4 TB) disks and partitions
- No registry changes
- Safely multiboot Windows, Android, Ubuntu, Suse, Fedora, Mint, Free BSD and more
- Grub customization is done from Windows - Configuration in Linux is not required
- Runs open source GNU Grub 2.02 code. Frequent releases and enhancements
- No adware or spyware - No hassles... It just works
Great: 1. so much easier than fiddling around with boot.ini 2. something that modifies boot files is very likely to get flagged as a virus... 3. LOVE the retro design - would cost a fortune for UX designers to come up with something like this 4. Ease-of-use - what's complicated about this? easier to use than a lot of apps...
I would provide you with my thoughts about grub2win, however unless I get some feedback on my questions in the forum I would not dare to use it; reason: I am too busy and have no time to newly setup my two PCs.
Stable and works.