Safely dual boot Windows and Linux without touching the Windows MBR.
Grub2Win installs to Windows 8, Windows 7, XP or Vista. It boots native, open source GNU grub version 2.00 code. Everything is contained in one 7 MB directory on your Windows C: drive.
The simple Windows GUI and instructions will help you get Grub booting quickly and safely. Messages and help can be displayed in your native language.
You can select from a nearly unlimited number of OS choices at boot time. Samples for Ubuntu, Suse, Fedora, Mint, Free BSD and Windows are included.
Grub2Win comes with several graphic themes that include boot time animation and scroll bar OS selection.
Over 50,000 people worldwide have downloaded Grub2Win since it was first released in December 2010.
- Installs to Windows 8, Windows 7, XP and Vista
- Requres just one directory on the Windows C: drive, about 7 MB disk space
- Simple Windows GUI easily sets up Grub2Win in seconds
- Preview and select boot themes and animations during the install
- Grub boot messages and help can be displayed in 23 major languages worldwide
- Works with all filesystems including the new Btrfs as well as Mac hfs and hfsplus
- Can search for and boot a partition by it's label. Supports advanced scripting
- Works with GPT disks - up to 128 primary partitions per disk drive
- Supports extremely large (over 4 TB) disks and partitions
- No registry changes and no changes to the Windows MBR
- Safely multiboot Windows, Ubuntu, Suse, Fedora, Mint, Free BSD and more
- Grub customization is done from Windows - Configuration in Linux is not required
- Runs open source GNU Grub 2.00 code. Frequent releases and enhancements
- Includes Grub Invaders
- No adware or spyware - No hassles... It just works
I would provide you with my thoughts about grub2win, however unless I get some feedback on my questions in the forum I would not dare to use it; reason: I am too busy and have no time to newly setup my two PCs.
Stable and works.
Works and fast.