Greenshot at a GlanceUsing Greenshot is effortless; it took just a few minutes to install and launch. Upon launch, we noticed four hotkey combinations that are preset to capture images and the option to personalize them. In Greenshot, after you select an image it turns green momentarily and then produces a camera shutter sound to let you know your image was created. And, once you've taken a shot and captured it to your desired format (JPEG, BMP, GIF and PNG), you can embellish the shot with arrows, text, etc. Besides the ability to set preset formats, you have the option to configure Greenshot to save your images directly to the clipboard or send them to the printer.
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of Greenshot’s features:
- Capture images—Greenshot quickly createw screenshots of a selected region, window, or full screen; you can even capture complete (scrolling) web pages from Internet Explorer.
- Edit Images—Greenshot easily annotates, highlights, or obfuscates parts of the screenshot.
- Share images—Greenshot exports screenshots in various ways: save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to email, send Office programs or upload to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa, and others.
- Additional options—Greenshot offers lots of additional options to simplify your work with screenshots, like optical character recognition (OCR).
- Multi-language support—Greenshot supports 32 languages worldwide.
|Greenshot captures images quickly and has a number of built-in presets that allow you to customize it to your liking.||Greenshot doesn’t allow you to alter built-in images or reverse dark background colors like Snagit does.|
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Date added: July 09, 2014
- Operating systems: Windows
Greenshot is a lightweight screenshot software tool for Windows that quickly creates screenshots of a selected region, window, or full screen; you can even capture complete (scrolling) web pages from Internet Explorer. Greenshot easily annotates, highlights, or obfuscates parts of the screenshot. Greenshot also exports screenshots in various ways: save to file, send to printer, copy to clipboard, attach to e-mail, send Microsoft Office programs, or upload to photo sites like Flickr or Picasa. And Greenshot has a lot more options, to simplify the creation of, and work with, screenshots every day. Overall, Greenshot is easy to understand and configurable, that's why it is an efficient tool for project managers, software developers, technical writers, testers, and anyone else creating screenshots.
- Capture complete or partial screenshots
- Easily annotate, highlight, or obfuscate screenshots
- Send screenshots to a file, the clipboard, a printer, or as email attachments
Across the board, a very simple to use and adapt bit of software. I change the hotkeys to F11 (for region) so I can capture flyout menus (Alt or Ctrl kills them) and there are so many options with Greenshot for saving the file, out of the box, that you'd be pretty dumb to pay for anything else. That said, they're more than worthy of a donation, which I did. I figured they did as well as SnagIt, so they got my 50 dollars (USD). Keep at it! Good job!!
Very promising, but lacks scrolling capture which is essential to my work.
Great Work Very precise I love it but slows startup somehow...
Pretty basic. I was hoping for something more robust, like the commercial program Hypersnap. Doesn't do scrolling captures, doesn't allow for gluing captures together, doesn't allow for cutting out vertical or horizontal parts of a capture, etc.