|Name||Modified||Size||Downloads / Week||Status|
|Totals: 7 Items||57.6 MB||16|
- Due to GCC bug 53967, several key agorithms (e.g. convolution) may execute much faster (e.g. 2-3X) for x86-64 and/or when SSE is enabled for floating point math (-mfpmath=sse) if the GCC option -frename-registers is used. Default 32-bit builds do not experience the problem since they use '387 math. It is not clear in what version of GCC this problem started but it was not noticed by the developers until the GCC 4.6 timeframe. Other compilers do not suffer from this bug.
- EPT: Fix crash observed when Ghostscript fails to produce useful output. This was particularly noticeable when Ghostscript was not installed. This crash could be used to cause denial of service.
- PNG: With libpng 1.6.X, avoid a crash while copying a PNG with a "known incorrect ICC profile". This crash could be used to cause denial of service.
- Build: Fix cross-compilation for MinGW64 on Linux build machine.
- Build: configure FreeType test no longer insists that <freetype/freetype.h> can be included.
- CMS profile: Only delete the CMS transform if it is non-null. Fixes assersion observed when lcms returned a null profile and GraphicsMagick attempted to deallocate it.
- Drawing: Improve error handling logic so that drawing returns quickly on pixel access errors rather than plowing on ahead. This avoids problems with SVGs which take seemingly forever to render.
- Drawing via C/C++ APIs: BevelJoin no longer causes a MVG parsing error.
- EPT: Fix crash observed when Ghostscript fails to produce useful output. This was particularly noticeable when Ghostscript was not installed.
- OpenMP: Revert use of omp_set_dynamic() since it caused performance issues when using GCC's GOMP implementation and the number of threads to use is specified.
- EXIF profile: Support the SubjectArea EXIF tag.
- MIFF writer: PseudoClass format was written incorrectly for depth greater than 8.
- MIFF writer: RLE compressed format used inverted alpha from the other subformats and contrary to the MIFF specification.
- MIFF reader: Fixes Fixes to be able to read MIFF written by ImageMagick 6.X, including DirectClass grayscale images (except for RLE compressed).
- Mosaic: Fixed unsigned underflow problem with -mosaic when page offset is negative and exceeds image width or height, resulting in assertions, out of memory errors, or pixel cache limit errors.
- PDF: Consistently initialize Image page width and height to image width and height. While general to all of GraphicsMagick, this change is to assure that the PDF writer computes page dimensioning consistently. PDF page dimensioning was wrong if the image had been resized with -geometry "100%".
- PAM: Fix MAXVAL scaling when reading PAM images. PAM was only working correctly for images with 256 or 64k levels.
- PNM: PGM "P2" format writer wrote bad output for 8-bit depth.
- PNG: With libpng 1.6.X, avoid a crash while copying a PNG with a "known incorrect ICC profile".
- PNG: Q8 GM build now correctly reads 16-bit PNG files.
- TIFF writer: Try to avoid writing more than 32k strips per image by increasing rows-per-strip since some programs fail to read images with more than 32k strips per image.
- TIM reader: PSX TIM reports 8-bit depth (rather than 16).
- TTF font rendering: Improve FreeType rendering error logic so that rendering returns immediately on pixel access errors rather than plowing on ahead.
- TTF font rendering: Support rendering UTF-8 up to 21-bit code points. Was only supporting 16-bit code points.
- Wand API: DrawSetStrokeDashArray() / DrawGetStrokeDashArray(), fix failure to work properly due to this code path never being tested.
- Windows Ghostscript: 64-bit GraphicsMagick no longer requires both 32-bit and 64-bit builds of Ghostscript to be installed in order to read Postscript and PDF formats.
- XPM reader: Reported depth now depends on the colormap rather than always claiming to be 16-bit.
- JPEG: Add support for writing 'XMP' profile.
- PNM: As a simple non-standard extension to the standard PNM and PAM formats, support writing and reading 32-bit sample depth. Writing such files is only supported by the Q32 build although they may be read by any build.
- WebP: Now supports reading and writing Google's WebP format. This feature is not currently supported by the Windows Visual Studio build.
- Pixel composition based on BlendCompositePixel() is enhanced to completely eliminate under-color from the blending if the under-pixel is fully transparent. Also blends based on the average opacity of both pixels rather than only the over-pixel. This change did not result in any change in the GM test suite results but it is possible that there could be some negative impact from it. Please report any issues noticed which are due to this change.
- X11 display: For DirectClass image, use ThumbnailImage() rather than SampleImage() when creating the panner icon to improve the quality of the image.
- PNG: ping a PNG faster by avoiding reading the image data.
Windows Delegate Updates:
- Updated IJG JPEG library to release 9.
- Updated PNG library to release 1.6.8.
- Updated lcms2 library to release 2.5.
- Updated libxml2 library to release 2.9.1.
- Updated FreeType library to release 2.5.2.
- MIFF: Now writes PseudoClass images correctly when depth is greater than 8. This impacts the reader, which will not be able to read previously written incorrect format correctly. Images like this should be very rare. The solution is to use an older GraphicsMagick version to convert such images to a valid storage format (with a depth of 8) so that they may be read with this version.
- MIFF: Now writes RLE-compressed RGBA images with correct alpha. This impacts the reader, which will not be able to read previously written incorrect format correctly. Images like this should be very rare. A solution is to use an older GraphicsMagick version to use a compression algorithm other than RLE so that they are read correctly with this version. Another solution is to process problematic images with '-operator Opacity Negate 0' to invert the alpha channel.
- TIFF: Returns DirectClass images by default for MINISWHITE and MINISBLACK TIFF formats (rather then colormapped).
- Windows: Also search c:gsfonts for Ghostscript font files. This search path is normally hard-coded into Ghostscript binaries and is a convenient place to put fonts so they may be shared by multiple Ghostscript versions.
- XPM: Now limits color resolution to 16-bits, even with Q32 build.
Copyright © GraphicsMagick Group 2002 - 2013