GPlates is an interactive plate-tectonics visualisation program. GPlates enables interactive visualisation and manipulation of the plate-tectonic reconstructions of geological and paleo-geographic features through geological time.
- Load/save geological, geographic and tectonic feature data
- Assign reconstruction/rotation poles to feature data by cookie-cutting with plate polygons
- Reconstruct/rotate feature data (vector and raster data)
- Visualize vector/raster data on a globe or in one of the map projections
- Visualize sub-surface 3D scalar fields.
- Export reconstructed data as a time-sequence of exported files
- Query and edit feature properties and geometries
- Modify reconstructions graphically
- Use topological plate polygons (with deformation) to calculate velocity fields
There are no 3 star reviews.