GO Contact Sync Mod synchronizes your Microsoft Outlook contacts with your Google Mail address book, including pictures, categories and notes. Since version 3.5.6 it also syncs your Outlook Notes on demand to Google Documents. This Mod fork adds many enhancements and bug fixes to the obviously dead project 'Go Contact Sync'.
Please find some guidelines how to sync your mobile phone contacts with Google Contacts here: http://www.google.com/mobile/sync
Please find a nice app (Notemaster) to sync your iphone/ipad with Google-Docs (to close the sync between Outlook Notes<->GoogleDocs<->iphone: http://www.kabukivision.com)
- Outlook Contacts sync
- Automatic syncing
- Pictures support
- Categories support
- Go Contact Sync fork
- Contact notes are synchronized (size limited to 62.000 characters)
- Supports Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 (32 and 64 bit)
- No Support for Outlook Express
- Outlook notes sync
- Select Outlook folder to sync
- Sync with multiple GoogleMail accounts
no trouble to install and run, works nicely.
I'm afraid this just doesn't work as it's supposed to. There are dozens of posts reporting the same problem and they are all unanswered. I had the sync direction as Outlook-to-Gmail only. The tool made a great back-up of my Outlook contacts to my Gmail Contacts. But when I delete a contact in Outlook, it creates an error and does not delete it from Gmail. Then I changed the syncing to both ways and this time it knows there is an error but then says the sync direction is one-way only (which it isn't!) and tells you that it won't, after all, delete the contact from Gmail. It seems that the check-boxes have a mind of their own and don't actually set the preferences thay are supposed to set. What are you supposed to do to get support? None of the requests on the support page have been answered.
It's pity that this otherwise GREAT application can't handle (perceived) duplicates, which aren't - as already mentioned by some others. I have all couples registered in Outlook individually, as I want to have their respective birthday recorded as well (to get automatic reminders). They usually share the same phone number, sometimes also the e-Mail address. It would therefore be great if the check logic on duplicates includes also the name!
1. Can't handle duplicates. 2. Erroneously detects contacts as being duplicate (for example, if you have two people sharing the same e-mail address) 3. If set to "Merge Prompt" there is no way to keep the a chosen setting for all subsequent prompts 4. Crashes after sync is finished 5. Crashes if sync is cancelled Conclusion: Currently unusable :-(
I want to love this, just not yet. It isn't syncing all my outlook contact addresses to gmail, just about 1/3. Is there a limit to the number that will sync? Is there something special that I need to be aware of to complete the sync?