A cross-platform application for exploring Conway's Game of Life and other cellular automata. Features include bounded and unbounded universes, fast generating algorithms, Perl/Python scripting, and a state-of-the-art pattern collection.
- Bounded or unbounded universes with up to 256 states.
- User-definable rules.
- Reads a variety of common CA and graphical formats.
- Unlimited undo/redo for difficult pattern editing tasks.
- User-configurable keyboard shortcuts for menu items and custom scripts.
- Scriptable via Perl or Python.
Perhaps the most feature-full and speedy-running software of its kind I had seen to date. Very nice work! Moreover, it's being actively maintained, and is open source.
Light Portable and A wonderfull tool to have fun and experiment
Golly works good.
It gives me pleasure!